Saturday, October 14, 2006

First post






















I bullied Vinni into letting me make the first post :))).

Besides 2 Orkut communities, a yahoogroup and msn, yahoo and gtalk, IT continues to connect and how!!! Orkut helped me find lots of people who've been in the team over the years and fortunately they're all just as crazy and I'm certain will enthusiatically participate in our newest brainchild as well.

The team has been an integral part of my life at SIBM . I - J and now S team, I cant imagine life without IT Team. More importantly, I never wanted to be anyplace else. Sure - we worked more than we imagined we could at times but we also had loads of fun, did pretty much what we pleased and made some fantastic friends. (Disclaimer- If I go overboard, Puneet Lakhotia is to blame. He started the senti spree and now I'm in a nostalgic mood too)

Our I-team was the envy of the council as we took off to Lonavala for a trek that never happened, only to be nearly submerged along with our fancy tent as the rain god displayed his displeasure at our audacity to go camping when everything was already flooded. What the heck...we just drank the night away instead. Raksha, always consistent, had another accident....We decided not to fight fate and spent the next day traipsing from one waterfall to the next. If we were to stay wet and cold, we'd enjoy it.... We did trek when Sudhir attempted to show us the scenic route back in spite of a perfectly navigable road...(okay I confess I thought we should follow the voices as well - only they were farther than I imagined)

Jteam was a time when we truly bonded as a team and came to depend on each other in patterns that continue till date. Steam's way more responsibility, though until I was in the steam I thought the steam has it easy. Managing an iteam teaches you more than any mba class ever will.

I have lots n lots of pics and I'm going to put them up now before I get started on another bout of writing......I hope lots of you write in. My jteam is all set to blog their heart out :) and it should be fun comparing notes and memories...
Reena

2 pings:

Sandeep said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandeep said...

Great stuff Reena..yah internet has actually been very instrumental in connecting all of us..reading through your post makes me remember our journey through the I, J and S team...walking down the memory lane i cud recollect the weird things we used to do when we ruled the lab...craziest thing i cud remeber was a trip to sinhgad ( or watever way it is spelt :D)at 3-00 a.m ! Cheers and keep writing...i will try and be regular with my posts - Sandeep (04 Batch)